Invoice Layout #
– Invoice Layout is a feature that allows you to customize the appearance of your invoices.
– To create a new invoice layout, follow these steps:
– Navigate to Settings->Invoice Settings->Invoice Layout-> Add
– Enter a unique name for the layout
– Fill in the fields that you want to include in the layout. Leave the fields blank if you don’t want them to appear on the invoice.
– Select the default option if you want this layout to be applied to all locations that don’t have a specific layout assigned.
– Click on Save to save the layout.
– To assign an invoice layout to a location, follow these steps:
– Navigate to Business Locations -> Edit
– Select the Invoice layout for POS and Invoice layout for sale and another option from Business Locations -> settings->Invoice layout:
– Choose the invoice layout from the drop-down menu
– Click on Save to update the location.
Invoice Design #
– To customize your invoice layout, go to Settings->Invoice Settings->Invoice Layout and select the layout you want to edit.
– Click on the Choose Design dropdown option and select from the available designs.
– The designs are only applicable for browser-based printing and not for print server-based printing.
– If you are using a thermal line printer, you should select the Slim design for optimal results.
Tax Summary #
If you want to display the total amount of tax applied to your invoice, you can use the tax summary feature. This feature allows you to customize the label for the tax summary section in your invoice layout. To enable this feature, follow these steps:
– Go to the add/edit invoice layout page and scroll down to the invoice settings section.
– Find the option that says “Tax Summary Label” and enter the text that you want to use for the tax summary section. For example, you can enter “Tax Details” or “VAT Breakdown”.
– Save your changes and preview your invoice layout. You should see the tax summary section at the bottom of your invoice, showing the tax rate and amount for each line item and the total tax amount for the invoice.
Total in words #
If you want to display the total amount of the invoice in words, you need to enable this option in the settings. To do this, follow these steps:
– Go to the Settings menu and select Invoice Settings.
– Under the Invoice Options section, check the box next to Show Total in Words.
– Click Save Changes to apply the settings.
Now, when you create or view an invoice, you will see the total amount in words below the total amount in numbers. This can help you avoid any confusion or errors when sending or receiving invoices.
Discounted Price #
If you want to show the discounted unit price and discount amount for each item in the invoice, you need to enable two fields in the invoice layout settings. These fields are:
– Discounted unit price label: This field allows you to customize the label for the discounted unit price column in the invoice table. For example, you can name it “Unit Price After Discount” or “Final Unit Price”.
– Discount label: This field allows you to customize the label for the discount column in the invoice table. For example, you can name it “Discount %” or “Discount Amount”.
To enable these fields, go to the invoice layout settings page and check the boxes next to them. Then, save your changes and preview your invoice. You should see the discounted unit price and discount amount for each item in the invoice table.
Display unit breakdown #
If you want to see how the quantity of an item is reduced from different units of measurement, you can use the option ‘show base unit details (If applicable)’. This option will display a summary table that shows the quantity in each unit and the conversion factor to the base unit. For example, if you have an item that can be measured in kilograms, grams, and milligrams, you can see how many kilograms are equivalent to the grams and milligrams. To enable this option, you need to tick the check box ‘Show base unit details (If applicable)’ in the report settings.
Letterhead Design #
If you want to add a letterhead image to your invoices, you can do so easily with our invoice layout feature. A letterhead image is a graphic that contains all the details of your business, such as your organization name, address, business registration number, and other information. It helps you create a professional and consistent look for your invoices.
To add a letterhead image to your invoices, follow these steps:
– Go to Settings > Invoice Settings > Invoice Layout.
– Enable the “show letterhead” checkbox. This will allow you to upload a letterhead image file.
– Upload the letterhead file (Max 1 MB). You can use any image format that is supported by our systems, such as JPG, PNG, or GIF. Make sure that the image size and resolution are suitable for printing. (Image size is the full width of A4 Legal Size and height as much you want and crop without spaces to see the below samples design)
You can also customize other aspects of your invoice layout, such as the font, color, logo, and footer. For more information, please refer to our help center or contact our support team.
Space for a blank header Print Only Content ( LetterHead ) #
If you want to print an invoice with your own letterhead that contains your company information, you may need to create some blank space above the invoice content. One way to do this is to make a blank transparent image with the same width as your document and the height based on your header height. Then, you can upload this image as a header in your document. This way, when you print the document, the header will not print anything because it is transparent, and only the invoice content will print. See the image below for an example.
[Image: A screenshot of a document with a blank transparent header and invoice content below it]