- Add Products
- Product Type: Single/ Variable/ Combo or Bundle
- Single Product:
- Variable Product:
- Combo or Bundle Product:
- Adding Products with multiple variations:
- Assigning/removing locations of multiple products at once:
- Deactivating & Activating Product:
- Using Product barcode:
- How to add a product that already has a Barcode?
- Adding product quantity or adding product stock
Add Products #
1. Go to – Products > Add Products.
- Provide a Product Name,
- SKU – Add a unique SKU which will be used to identify the product & Print the barcode on labels. Leave it empty to auto-generate it. You can also add a Prefix for auto-generated SKU.
- Barcode Type – Select a barcode type, default/recommended is the C128 option. We recommend changing if only the product added already has an SKU number for it.
- Select Appropriate Unit Eg: Pcs, Nos. Kg, Meter, etc.
- Provide Brand, Units, and Category Sub-categories ( Not mandatory )
- Select the business location(s) where this product can sell or purchased.
- Alert Quantity: – Alert quantity is used to alert when remaining stocks reach this level or below it.
- Manage stock: – Enable/Disable stock management at a product level. Product stock management is not required for services like Repairing, Hair Cutting, and Web Development Printing. For items with Manage Stock Unchecked (disabled), you can sell them in unlimited quantities.
- When you sell an item, you can type the description and if this is enabled, the description will appear on the invoice, e.g. services.
- Not For Selling: – If a product is made not-for-selling then it will not be displayed on the POS or sales screen. This can be useful when using a manufacturing module to make the ingredients as products not-for-selling and also if you want to temporarily disable selling for some products.
- Select the Applicable tax for that product. Adding Tax
- If you are selling a product with an inclusive price or an exclusive price, choose your selling pricing type
- Select product type Single or Variable Product
- Enter the product purchase cost price Exclude Tax or Include Tax
- Type the product selling price manually or you can choose the margin also
Product Type: Single/ Variable/ Combo or Bundle #
Single Product: #
- Product Type: – Single:
- Applicable for products with no variation with them then select single
- When selecting a Single product – You will need to enter the Default product price including/excluding tax, and Profit Margin % (you can set the default profit margin from settings -> Business Settings; this will help to type % every time). Based on the profit margin it will auto-calculate the selling price excluding Tax. You can also enter the selling price manually and it will auto-adjust the profit margin for you.
Variable Product: #
- Applicable to a product having variations (like size or color or design or flavors etc) You can define variation templates from Products -> Variations. The advantage of creating variation is that it saves time to add some variations multiple times.
- When selecting a Variable product – It will display different fields to add all variations and their related Purchase price, Selling Price. You have to select the variations from the dropdown and it will auto-populate the variations for that template. You can change the variable name, Variation values.
- To give the same purchase price or selling price or profit for all variations of a product click on the double tick present in the first variation.
- Read more about adding variations
Combo or Bundle Product: #
- Combo products are also called bundle products.
- It is offering several products as one combined product.
For example, a product “Computer Set” can have: 1 PC Monitor + 1 PC CPU + 1 Pc Keyboard + 1 PC mouse
So when someone buys a Computer set she gets all the products in it.
- The stock of bundled products depends on the stock of individual products present in that bundle.
For example: if you have 5 PC Monitors, 4 PC CPUs, 10 pc Keyboard, and 50 PC mice, the stock of the Computer set will be 4 PC.
- When the bundle product is sold, stock of all products inside them is automatically deducted.
- Individual products present in bundle products can also be sold separately.
- Bundle products cannot be purchased, only individual products present in it can be purchased.
Click on Save.
You can edit a product. You can also Copy / Export to CSV, PDF, or Excel files.
Adding Products with multiple variations: #
If you have products that involve multiple variations for example a Shirt can have Color & Size variations, then we have multiple ways to work with it:
Solution 1, Create combined variation: Can a variation with the name “Color-Size” and add values like Red-Small, Red-Medium, Red-Large, etc, this can be used while adding the Shirt.
Solution 2, Create multiple Products: Create multiple different products like Shirt-Red, Shirt-Green, and Shirt-Blue with size variations. When you create multiple products you will NOT have to enter the same details multiple times, first, add the Shirt-Red with all size variations of it and then use the Duplicate Product action to copy the data.
Assigning/removing locations of multiple products at once: #
Go to List Products and refer to this screenshot.
Deactivating & Activating Product: #
Refer to the screenshot.
Using Product barcode: #
How can we use the product’s barcode instead of creating and printing a new one for every product?
How can we use the brand’s barcode of the product instead of creating and printing new for every product?
When creating a product, in the SKU field enter the barcode number of the product. This barcode will be used to identify the product on all screens like POS, Sales, purchases, reports, and others.
How to add a product that already has a Barcode? #
Adding products that already have a barcode, follows the same steps as adding any other products.
- Go to add products
- Fill in all the product details
- IMPORTANT: in the SKU field scan or enter the barcode of the product.
Adding product quantity or adding product stock #
For systematically managing your business, product quantities can be added in 3 ways: