There are two types of shifts that you can create for users.
- With the fixed shift, you can create shifts with a specific starting and ending time.
- Therefore users can clock in only at a specific time.
- If users try to clock in or clock out at a time later or earlier than the specified time it will show an error message.
- With the flexible shift, you can create shifts without specific timing
- Therefore users can clock in and clock out at any time.
Assigning shifts to users: #
The created shifts can be assigned to specific users, so when users log in they can clock in for the shifts assigned for them.
Click the assign users button for a particular shift and assign shifts for users at particular dates.
Auto clock-out option: #
By enabling this option the system will automatically end the shift for users and they can automatically clock out.
Please watch the below view demonstration for details of attendance & shift management.
ERROR: No active shift at this time #
How to fix the “ERROR: No active shift at this time” issue
If you are an administrator of a team that uses time tracking software, you may have encountered this error message when some of your team members try to clock in: “ERROR: No active shift at this time”. This means that the software does not recognize any fixed shifts that match the current time when the user logs in.
This can happen for various reasons, such as:
– The user has a different time zone than the one set in the software.
– The user has a flexible schedule that does not follow any fixed shifts.
– The user is working on a holiday or a special occasion that is not marked in the software.
To resolve this issue, you have two options:
– You can manually add the attendance for the user in the attendance tab. To do this, go to the attendance tab, select the user, and click on the “Add Attendance” button. Then, enter the start and end time of the user’s work session, and save the changes.
– You can create a custom shift for the user in the shifts tab. To do this, go to the shifts tab, click on the “Create Shift” button, and enter the name, start and end time, and days of the week for the custom shift. Then, assign the user to the custom shift, and save the changes.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your team members can clock in and track their time accurately, and avoid any confusion or errors in your reports.