Improving Browser based Print (Receipts or other) #
- In chrome/firefox before printing, it shows a preview dialogue. The preview dialogue left side has some setting.
- Enable Background style
- Try setting the margin as default.
- Set correct page size (mostly A4)
- Enable/Disable the header & footer to show/hide the page URL.
Create Shortcuts for web application #
- Are you tired of opening browser and the opening your website? If yes we have a solution.
- Open KeepMyAccount in chrome.
- Click the wrench icon (3 dots) in the right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to Tools and select “Create Application Shortcuts” or “Add To Desktop”
- From the dialogue box, choose whether you want the shortcut to appear on your Desktop, in your Start menu or pinned to your Taskbar.
- Click create and your shortcut will appear in the desktop.
Website to Desktop apps in One-Click #
- You can use this online tool to convert website to Desktop App – Website-to-Desktop
- This tool is just a wrapper for browser
- We haven’t tested KeepMyAccount 100% with this tool, but you can give it a try.
Browser Full-Screen mode or distraction-free mode #
- Whenever you’re in “Full Screen” mode and use a browser-based printing option it gets exit from Full Screen. This also happens if you navigate to another page in full screen.
- But if you have enabled “Full Screen” by pressing “F11” it will not get exit during navigation and also during browser-based printing.
- Using KeepMyAccount POS sales screen in “Full screen” by pressing “F11” gives an ultimate experience.
Barcode Scanner Trick #
- Many barcode scanners send an “End of Line” or “CR/LF” ( the ‘Carriage Return’ and the ‘Line Feed’) characters after each scan. This will result in some issue with KeepMyAccount . Well, it’s not an issue with KeepMyAccount or the scanner. This feature is useful in some cases. But you should disable it while using KeepMyAccount .
- Some noted behaviors are, in POS screen invoice gets automatically submitted after scanning, automatically page gets redirected after scanning.
- To disable it simply follow the instruction provided by your manufacturer. ALL branded manufacturer have instruction available to “Disable Carriage return & Line Feed”. Google it.
- For example: In this link, you will find simple instructions for Honeywell scanners (“RESOLUTION” present at bottom of page) (https://honeywellaidc.force.com/supportppr/s/article/How-to-remove-the-Enter-after-each-scan)
Do you have a particular Trick to improve user experience? Share with us here
Bookmark this link, as we will keep updating it.